A new client from Germany heard about our AC expertise and asked us to undertake one of our most prestigious restorations. He owned a rare Lightweight AC Cobra and wanted a total rebuild from engine, suspension and exhaust, to bodywork, interior and wheels. Our 40 years of ex-AC factory experience was put to good use as we skilfully undertook detailed handcraftsmanship and technically precise work including:
- Specified, built and supplied a 5.0lt Ford injection 302 small block engine, producing 400 BHP
- Upgraded the vehicles five speed gearbox and installed a bespoke hand fabricated exhaust system
- Complete suspension geometry overhaul with upgraded springs
- Installed improved anti roll bars and a Redline signature Mk3 dashboard conversion
- Fitted a Redline passenger harness bar and new mohair hood and tonneau cover
- Total body repaint to Rolls Royce Georgian Silver and colour coded painted foot boxes & inner wheel accrues in Rolls Royce Georgian Silver
The result, a stunning and completely original AC Cobra Lightweight, with 400BHP performance to boot, ready to ship back to Germany.