Based on an original 1961 Austin Healey Frogeye Sprite, this car was the first replica Sebring to be built in 1991. Converted by County Lane Classics using a shell sourced from America, the car was sold to the previous owner straight after completion. Since then the car has gained extensive competition history, winning many international rallies awards, hillclimb and sprite class win as well as countless class victories racing include overall title honours in the Austin Healey Championship. The car is fitted with a Peter May Engineering full race 1380cc engine and straight cut gearbox. It features the original steel rear body, Sebring hard top, (which is removable), and fibreglass Sebring one piece bonnet. The car is fitted with fibreglass Sprite doors. The original steel doors are included.
The Sprite is currently fitted with lowered quarter elliptic rear springs with lever arm dampers, 600lbs front springs and Peter May Engineering uprated lever arm dampers. The car has been developed regardless of cost by its previous owner Mr Andrew Actman who enjoyed great success with the car.
Successfully raced in the Equipe Pre 63 Series since 2018 in the hands of Neil Fisher, Developed further by ourselves this Sprite has been a front running car for the last two seasons, Class 1 champions in 2019, countless class wins as well as outright winners at Silverstone in 2019.
A very well documented history file as well as race results.
Fast reliable and huge amount of fun to drive.
- A Series 4 cylinder wet sump racing engine. (4.00 hrs since last rebuild, head just serviced)
- 4 speed straight cut gearbox (rebuilt 2020)
- Weber 45DCOE carburettor.
- New axle casing July 2020 with Quaife ATE limited slip differential, 4.2 ratio
- Lever arm front and rear dampers. (rears 1 race old)
- Front & rear brakes & suspension to FIA appendix K
- MkI steel body / lightweight roof & doors / fibreglass bonnet
- 7.5″ AP racing clutch (new clutch plate 2020)
- New Weller steel wheels 5′ x 13″ x 8 rims
- Dunlop tyres 4.5 L
- High torque starter motor.
- High capacity alternator.
- High capacity aluminium radiator.
- Fuel hoses in Lightweight Black Aeroquip hose & fittings
- Oil cooler with lightweight Black Aeroquip hose & fittings
- Newly rewired dash with stack rev counter
- Momo steering wheel with quick release boss
- Safety Devices full bolt in roll cage.
- Competition exhaust system, silencer re-packed by Haywood & Scott January 2020
- Lightweight prop shaft 2019.
- Lifeline fire extinguisher system, serviced Jan 19
- TRS full harness belts 2022
- Cobra racing seat
Supplied with the following
. Minilite 5″ x 13″ alloy wheel rims x 4
. Minilite 6″ x 13 alloy wheels on Yokohama tyres x 4
. Box of assortment suspension & brake parts
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the above information but errors may occur. Please check with a salesperson first.
If you’re interested in this race car or any other classic car we offer for sale, view our full range of stock here